[Clam-devel] Re: faust status

Natanael Olaiz nolaiz at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 15:25:37 PDT 2008

El 07/07/2008 02:12 PM, Pau Arumí Albó escribió:
> Hi Natanael,
> could you please remind me the status of your Faust work?
Here is the last path about that I made.
It doesn't need to have Faust installed, just to have the .dsp source
files on '$FAUST_PATH/examples' (or ~/.faust/examples), the 'faust'
compiler on  '$FAUST_PATH/compiler' (or ~/.faust/compiler) and the
'ladspa.cpp' on '$FAUST_PATH/architecture' (or ~/.faust/architecture).
It allows to recompile all found .dsp from the NE main menu as your
original code, but without using 'make' (to avoid needing faust
installed). Also it allows to browse the .svg and edit the ,dsp code
from the processing context menu (and for now there is a dummy
"recompile" option too):

> I think there is a pending patch and some questions, right?

Yes:

    * What do you think about the factory changes? I created
      CLAM::Factory::ReplaceCreator (and Registry/FactoryRegistrator
      related methods) to use instead of AddCreatorWarning in case that
      plugin already exists on reloading. It erase the original creator
      and create a new one. Is that good? I didn't found any other way
      to erase just a single creator for the dynamic plugin's loading...
    * I created 'RunTimeFaustLibraryLoader::GetCompilePluginCommands'
      which uses the previously created
      'RunTimeLibraryLoader::CompletePathFor' to return the compilation
      commands. I putted there because I though is more related to the
      specific Faust library loader, but I'm using it from MainWindow as
      a kind of static method. Anyway, I can't define as static because
      CompletePathFor uses  'RunTimeLibraryLoader::GetPaths' which is
      not static (also I'm using CompletePathFor from MainWindow to
      search for the .dsp directory). What do you think about that? Put
      the methods on MainWindow instead? Duplicate the GetPaths code and
      make them static? Make another code file to manage the faust
      compilation and related tasks?
    * I don't like the method that I used to deal with calls to
      MainWindow from the canvas (the NetworkCanvas emit signals catched
      from MainWindow, which calls back to
      NetworkCanvas::getFileNameToBrowse). Plus, I'm getting some
      messages when I run the NE:

        QMetaObject::connectSlotsByName: No matching signal for
        on_action_Reload_Faust_Plugins_triggered(RunTimeFaustLibraryLoader&)
        QMetaObject::connectSlotsByName: No matching signal for
        on_action_Processing_Launch_Editor_triggered()
        QMetaObject::connectSlotsByName: No matching signal for
        on_action_Launch_Editor_triggered(QString&)
        QMetaObject::connectSlotsByName: No matching signal for
        on_action_Processing_Launch_Browser_triggered()
        QMetaObject::connectSlotsByName: No matching signal for
        on_action_Launch_Browser_triggered(QString&)

    How do you suggest to manage that? I think using the context menues
    on the canvas is the comfortablest way to put those commands, but
    the needed code has not much to do in NE...

Well... for now I think these are my main doubts. :)

Regards,
Natanael.