[Clam-devel] Re: faust status

Natanael Olaiz nolaiz at gmail.com
Tue Jul 8 11:10:30 PDT 2008

El 07/08/2008 02:38 PM, Pau Arumí escribió:
> I've looked at the patch. Go ahead and commit. And maybe I'll propose
> some refactoring afterward. Great work!

OK.

> On dl, 2008-07-07 at 19:25 -0300, Natanael Olaiz wrote:
>
>> El 07/07/2008 02:12 PM, Pau Arumí Albó escribió:
>>
>>> Hi Natanael,
>>> could you please remind me the status of your Faust work?
>>>
>> Here is the last path about that I made.
>> It doesn't need to have Faust installed, just to have the .dsp source
>> files on '$FAUST_PATH/examples' (or ~/.faust/examples), the 'faust'
>> compiler on  '$FAUST_PATH/compiler' (or ~/.faust/compiler) and the
>> 'ladspa.cpp' on '$FAUST_PATH/architecture' (or ~/.faust/architecture).
>> It allows to recompile all found .dsp from the NE main menu as your
>> original code, but without using 'make' (to avoid needing faust
>> installed). Also it allows to browse the .svg and edit the ,dsp code
>> from the processing context menu (and for now there is a dummy
>> "recompile" option too):
>>

> I'm not sure whether t we want NE to know how to compile faust scripts
> (maybe yes, but want to think more about it). If faust Makefile would
> provide an option to use the local faust binary it would be easier,
> right? We could propose a Makefile patch to faust devels.

The major problem is that Faust doesn't support by now (at least I
didn't found) defining the libraries path when you call it, just search
by default at /usr and the active path (that's because I change to the
'architecture' path when calling the compiler)

Another option could be making an external script which do the actual
compilation tasks (i.e. doing also the searches for the compiler and
libraries)..

OK, now I'll commit it. Thanks!