[Clam-devel] Turnaround - Chord Extractor application

Pawel Bartkiewicz tuuresairon at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 07:17:30 PDT 2008

> I won't like the final application be that close to the existing tonal
> analysis in prototyper. The idea of an stand alone application is not having
> the limitations of the prototyper.

I don't see a reason why it would have such limitations.

> Before connecting the KeySpace or any other chord related widget which will
> depend on the analysis, is important to have the Progress and a pair of
> single key accelerators to do a relative seek up and down.

Unfortunately I've already done it in reverse order, but I hope it'll
be interesting anyway. Playback and simple analysis work in this
version, although it's being done in realtime currently.

> Icons: Take a look on how NetworkEditor and Annotator handle them and
> reproduce the setup here. I took the icons from the crystalsvg theme of kde.
> Add a task bar and drop actions (with icons) in it.

Yes, I know, but as you said: one small step at a time, not big deltas ;-)

> Designer: Be conservative on what you put on the designer. I just use
> designer
> for actions, menu's and toolbars. Using the designer for the layout can turn
> into a very chaotic experience as you move on.

Yeah, I've already noticed that. Honestly, I don't like Qt Designer,
so writing the GUI code by hand will be even better for me.

> Widgets: be aware on what you copy from NetworkEditor. We should endup
> moving
> them to a shared library so any change we do them we should consider whether
> to apply it also to the other copies.

I'm keeping it in mind all the time.

Thanks,
Pawel