[Clam-devel] [Fwd: Re: [Faudiostream-devel] Update in Faust within the Clam network-editor]

Natanael Olaiz nolaiz at gmail.com
Fri Jul 25 19:49:51 PDT 2008

El 07/25/2008 11:47 AM, David García Garzón escribió:
> I recall having some problems like that when i was a RedHat user. The problems
> he had seems to be something very concrete of having a broken installation of
> the nvidia propietary drivers (a missing link from /usr/lib?). If so, he
> should not able to link any other opengl application, if he doesn't have such
> a problem then yes, we need opinions from current Fedora users on the list.
>
> About the problems on Qt, pkg-config should offer the proper CPPPATH options
> but i noticed that the one that was searched in include/qt4 was just
> QtDesigner, which was marked as pcless (not having a pkg-config file) so the
> options were added by hand as in Ubuntu/Debian. Qt 4.4 provided it so i
> removed QtDesigner and QtDesignerComponents from the pcless modules list.
> Provided that he has the file /usr/lib/pkg-config/QtDesigner.pc, current svn
> version should work without the link now.

I was using Qt 4.3.4 of Hardy. Trying to compile NE after revision 11717
I got:

    scons: Reading SConscript files ...

    scons: warning: QTDIR variable is not defined, using moc executable
    as a hint (QTDIR=/usr)
    File "/usr/local/share/clam/sconstools/qt4.py", line 207, in _detect
    Lodading dmg tool...
    Version:  1.2.1
    Package version:  1.2.1~svn11717
    Package QtDesigner was not found in the pkg-config search path.
    Perhaps you should add the directory containing `QtDesigner.pc'
    No package 'QtDesigner' found
    OSError: 'pkg-config QtCore QtGui QtOpenGL QtXml QtSvg QtUiTools
    QtDesigner --libs --cflags' exited 1:
      File "/CLAMSVN/original/NetworkEditor/SConstruct", line 91:
        crosscompiling=crosscompiling,
      File "/usr/local/share/clam/sconstools/qt4.py", line 460:
        self.ParseConfig('pkg-config %s --libs --cflags'% '
    '.join(pcmodules))
      File "/usr/lib/scons/SCons/Environment.py", line 1288:
        return function(self, self.backtick(command))
      File "/usr/lib/scons/SCons/Environment.py", line 514:
        raise OSError("'%s' exited %d" % (command, status))

Returning the 'pclessModules' items works again.

I'm downloading Qt 4.4.
Was CLAM using something more specific of 4.4 that this?

Regards,
Natanael.