[Clam-devel] subnetworks interfacing - NE several opened files

Pau Arumí parumi at iua.upf.edu
Wed Jul 30 03:19:03 PDT 2008

Reordering the questions:

> > With graph getter do you mean graph as a networks hierarchy tree? The
> > implementation of that would not go on the newer Network class?

Not necessarily.
There are two clients of the get-graph interface: FlowControl and
NetworkCanvas. Right now they do complicated things to retrieve the graph,
like asking to each port to which port they are connected.
We should change this to something more straightforward like: get a list
of processings and a list of connections (nodes+arcs)

> BTW, that question is related with this one: does the abstract interface
> need to have declared *all* the methods of both implementations?

Yes. But remember that we want to implement the Composite pattern, which
means that you only see the children of the current node. And the main
difference between the two will be that the (hierarchical) Network will
have composite nodes while the FlattenedNetwork only leafs.

But we'll see the details of this in the next phase.