[Clam-devel] (Urgent) Last commit (11755) considered harmful

Pau Arumí parumi at iua.upf.edu
Wed Jul 30 09:25:20 PDT 2008

On dc, 2008-07-30 at 16:16 +0200, David García Garzón wrote:
> Quoting clam/CLAM/INSTALL
>
>  * Qt4 packages to compile NetworkEditor and Annotator:
>  qt4-dev-tools libqt4-dev (and libqt4-opengl-dev in latest versions)

No, I had libqt4-opengl-dev. The problem was that the qt4.py changes you
made removing the two (designer) pcless modules *was reverted* because
it broke testfarm.

I've tried again (i mean installing qt4 backports) with the correct
qt4.py and works. So commited the qt4.py that works on 4.4.

Ok, so let's all move to qt 4.4, then -- I don't like breaking with 4.3
and Hardy but right now is the quick way to have a working svn

HOW TO upgrade for Ubuntu Hardy developers:
Enable the back-ports repository (you should know which file edit. Else
synaptic, Settings, Repositorise)
And install: qt4-dev-tools libqt4-dev libqt4-opengl-dev
Then cd to CLAM and scons configure and scons install.

David, have you thought about the consequences of breaking qt4.3? We
won't be able to distribute packages for Ubuntu Hardy. And maybe other
distros (not Fedora 8) like OpenSuse will have issues also.
(I don't think asking users to enable backports is a good idea. Or is
it?)