[Clam-devel] 1.3 release?

Pau Arumí parumi at iua.upf.edu
Sat Aug 2 09:20:10 PDT 2008

On dv, 2008-08-01 at 19:48 -0300, Natanael Olaiz wrote:

> It just needs 'faust' as a debian recommended package. Where I could add
> it, just debian/control?

Yes I think so

> That is a copy of the examples dir of the faust package, just to have
> the makefile and default sources files to compile them in a
> write-permissions path. (ATM faust doesn't provide so many options to
> compile from others directories).

The ideal situation would be
- be able to compile the examples into a clean directory
(CLAM_FAUST_PATH)
- so, using faust's Makefile in a (readonly) system dir
- being able to take .dsp sources from 1. the (readonly) faust/examples,
and 2. the local CLAM_FAUST_PATH.

So we need to call the non-local Makefile (that is, make -f
path/to/Makefile) specifying the .dsp source dir and the .so target dir.
No idea if this can be made with makefiles.
And if patching is needed, then try to push the patch to faust.

However the current situation is enough for the 1.3 release, provided
that is well documented (which I think it is)