[Clam-devel] launchpad

Pau Arumí parumi at iua.upf.edu
Tue Aug 5 10:53:57 PDT 2008

On dt, 2008-08-05 at 13:31 -0300, Hernán Ordiales wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 11:17 AM, Pau Arumí <parumi at iua.upf.edu> wrote:
> [snip]
> > BTW, after long struggle seems that clam is _almost_ imported as a
> > bazaar branch in launchpad.
> >
> > https://code.launchpad.net/clam
> >
> > This branch is to be kept synchronized with svn. Allowing people to
> > prepare/maintain patches on their own branches, pulling from the
> > svn-synch one. Anyway, it will need some experimenting -- which I guess
> > Hernan is eager to do :-)
> > I said "almost"  because so far, svn has been imported from a dump file.
> > Now we are waiting for updating to HEAD
> >
> > Oh, and web-based translations will be great!
>
> I'm not sure if this is the way to go (let me know!) but i opened a
> clam branch for python bindings:

Hum, I think it should be better to evolve pyclam in svn.

bazaar branches should be useful for better management of patches that
can not be commited directly because need testing,
or that maintainers do not agree on commiting,
or the developer is shy to show till more polished,
or is very experimental and break things, etc.

But when it is not any of those cases, better work in main trunk.