[Clam-devel] Re: launchpad

Pau Arumí parumi at iua.upf.edu
Thu Aug 7 01:12:55 PDT 2008

El dj 07 de 08 del 2008 a les 04:09 +0200, en/na David García Garzón va
escriure:
> I don't know too much about lauchpad and bzr but, if your project depends on
> CLAM, having your project code available in anyway is great as we can
> integrate it in our TestFarm infrastructure. Having your project in TestFarm
> we can check that any change we do is not disturbing your application or, if
> the changes are needed but breaks your application, we can provide you a
> migration patch.
>
> Any integration is welcome.
>

> On Dijous 07 Agost 2008, Karsten Krispin wrote:
> > Well, I forgot to point out the main idea:
> >
> > By having a meta group, you could split up your current clam-project into
> > several sub projects, like clam-lib, NetworkEditor, Annotator etc. That
> > would bring in a more clear structure of clam into launchpad.
> > No matter of whether my project will finally be part of clam or not. ;)

LP project groups look very interesting, but I prefer to keep that idea
in the fridge for a while -- to avoid the natural tendency of creating
over-infrastructure. And at that point we still have to evaluate/use
LP basic features such as bug tracking.

First thing is, like David said, to have clam-apps code repository
identified, listed in the wiki, and *integrated into testfarm*. To do
this, just send us the repository info and the build/test command lines.
Having automatic tests (unit tests or back-to-back tests) would be
great.

Cheers