[Clam-devel] Re: Library traces

David García Garzón dgarcia at iua.upf.edu
Mon Aug 11 12:08:58 PDT 2008

El Monday 11 August 2008 20:43:07 David García Garzón va escriure:
> Nat, the many traces issued by library loading such as:
>
> WARNING: attempted to delete an inexistent creator
>
> are too scaring to be releasables. If it is a real warning, we should solve
> it if they are just traces, we should remove them.
>
> David.

Besides that i think that unloading processings has made the NetworkEditor
unstable. Depending on which processings i drop i get double frees and
invalid frees. Maybe because double execution of static variable destructors.
In any case unloading can render the library unstable for the release.

Why we are trying to unload the libraries just before loading the program? We
are not that sure of the side effects of unloading a library so that
operation should be done just in the case of doing something exceptional such
as reloading Faust plugins, not on every starting execution (besides that it
render the application loading even slower). So maybe the safest move is to
hold the changes or doing a very fast fix.

David.