[Clam-devel] Re: Library traces

Natanael Olaiz nolaiz at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 12:41:01 PDT 2008

El 08/11/2008 04:08 PM, David García Garzón escribió:
> El Monday 11 August 2008 20:43:07 David García Garzón va escriure:
>
>> Nat, the many traces issued by library loading such as:
>>
>> WARNING: attempted to delete an inexistent creator
>>
>> are too scaring to be releasables. If it is a real warning, we should solve
>> it if they are just traces, we should remove them.

You are right. I'm very sorry, I did that to test a reloading using the
previous method, but would not be necessary using a new ReLoad using
GetUsedLibraries.

>> David.
>>

> Besides that i think that unloading processings has made the NetworkEditor
> unstable. Depending on which processings i drop i get double frees and
> invalid frees. Maybe because double execution of static variable destructors.
> In any case unloading can render the library unstable for the release.
>
> Why we are trying to unload the libraries just before loading the program? We
> are not that sure of the side effects of unloading a library so that
> operation should be done just in the case of doing something exceptional such
> as reloading Faust plugins, not on every starting execution (besides that it
> render the application loading even slower). So maybe the safest move is to
> hold the changes or doing a very fast fix.
>
> David.

I reverted that. The problem is that until I finish a ReLoad method the
faust reload wouldn't work. And to finish the ReLoad i need to change
the Faust Load(), which is overloaded.... :-/ Could I add a
homePathSufix and pathEnvironmentVarSufix?

Regards,
Natanael