[Clam-devel] CLAM & Testfarm: some comments and questions

Hernán Ordiales h at ordia.com.ar
Fri Nov 14 09:53:06 PST 2008

On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 2:42 PM, Pau Arumí <parumi at iua.upf.edu> wrote:
> Hernan, this is the output I get. What packages do I have to install --
> or there is install doc already?

yep

http://iua-share.upf.edu/svn/clam/trunk/CLAM/pyclam/INSTALL

=== Tools (assuming a working clam dev environment) ===
# Install Boost.Python. At debian based distros packages named
libboost-python-dev and libboost-python1.34.1
# Download and install[1] Py++ (no package available, at least at
standard ubuntu repos)
  Download Py++-0.9.5.zip from
https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=118209&package_id=157697
  and execute 'sudo python setup.py install'
##* Enable indexing suite version v2:
    PYPLUSPLUS='Py++-0.9.5/indexing_suite_v2/indexing'
    BOOST_INDEXING='/usr/include/boost/python/suite/indexing'
    sudo cp $PYPLUSPLUS/* $BOOST_INDEXING/
# (optional [1]) Get gccxml version 0.9 (Warning: standard debian
package at repos usually is about 0.7). I took it from here:
http://ftp.zcu.cz/pub/linux/debian/pool/main/g/gccxml/gccxml_0.9.0+cvs20080525-1_i386.deb,
the option is compile it from CVS. Note: I experienced some problems
with the very last CVS version, the one from 20080525 is preferred.
# (optional [1]) Download and install pygccxml[1] (no package
available, at least at standard ubuntu repos):
  Download pygccxml-0.9.5.zip from
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=118209&package_id=146545
  and execute 'sudo python setup.py install'

[1] Only needed for bindings regeneration. Not for compiling.

There are more info at
http://iua-share.upf.edu/svn/clam/trunk/CLAM/pyclam/INSTALL

Now i'm thinking you need to apply an small patch[2] to the CLAM
library so, maybe is not possible to add it to an standard and clean
repo :-(.

[2] http://iua-share.upf.edu/svn/clam/trunk/CLAM/pyclam/pyclam.patch

> Thanks
>
>> If someone wants to test pyclam, these are the tasks you need to add
>> to the testfarm client:
>>
>> clam.add_subtask('pyCLAM update', [
>>     'cd %(sandbox)s/CLAM/pyclam'%localDefinitions,
>>     {CMD:'svn log -r BASE:HEAD', INFO: lambda x:x },
>>     './generate_bindings.py && scons',
>> ] )
>
> OUTPUT: Traceback (most recent call last): File
> "./generate_bindings.py", line 19, in from pyplusplus import
> module_builder ImportErro
> [display more...]r: No module named pyplusplus

Hernán
http://h.ordia.com.ar
GnuPG: 0xEE8A3FE9