[Clam-devel] Re: Attacking your core goal

David García Garzón dgarcia at iua.upf.edu
Sun Dec 14 10:23:18 PST 2008

On Diumenge 14 Desembre 2008 14:02:30 Jun Jun wrote:
> http://www.clam.iua.upf.edu/wikis/clam/index.php/Devel is not available.

It seems that the iua-share.upf.edu server which hosts the wiki is down. :-(

> I'm coding the extraction of the audioDescriptor "Detrended Fluctuation
> Analysis" in CLAM.

Cool, what it is about?

> Now trying to figure out two problems:
> a. how to do the configuration in CLAM;

Not really sure on what do you exactly mean.

> b. how to do a test in the traditional way of CLAM.

Same here, sorry.

Normally we do unit tests (white box) for funtional components we can now the
result, and back2back for complex computations to assert that the results are
not modified without noticing. In your case, and for chord extraction, we
should also add some 'fitting' tests (comparing with a ground truth) to
support b2b when the results differ and it is suposed to be an enhancement.

Is that something i could help you in any way?

> Given these problems solved, the next plan is to extract more semantic
> music descriptors (strong related to danceability) based on some exsiting
> CLAM descriptors including Onsets and BPM.

It sounds funny ;-) Just keep us informed and we'll try to help you as much as
we can. Are you planning to do that development on clam svn?