[Clam-devel] License check report

David García Garzón dgarcia at iua.upf.edu
Wed Feb 25 07:10:48 PST 2009

Context: debian requirement to sumarize all the copyright information in a
single file for the package.

After passing out licensecheck command, the found licenses are:

GPLv2 but originally LGPL:
./CLAM/deprecated/extended.cxx
- I removed them since they were in deprecated and not used.

GPLv2 but not later:
./CLAM/plugins/GuitarEffects/ZynDistortion/ZynDistortion.cxx
./CLAM/plugins/GuitarEffects/ZynDistortion/ZynDistortion.hxx
- Code comes from zynaddsubfx

MIT:
./CLAM/plugins/MIDI/RtMidi.cxx
./CLAM/plugins/MIDI/RtMidi.hxx
./CLAM/src/Tools/AudioIO/RtAudio/RtAudio.cxx
./CLAM/src/Tools/AudioIO/RtAudio/RtAudio.hxx
- They are adapted scavone's examples. RtAudio have wrongly included the UPF
license besides scavone's one.
./CLAM/scons/sconstools/qt4.py
- It is a modified SCons file intended to go back to SCons

The rest are unknown or 'GPLv2 or later'.

Also the program reports that most of the license notices have wrong FSF
address which could be a fuzzing pain in the ash to change.

Regarding personal authoring (i was tell that copyright owner was not enough
but i should check) i will use the ones I added in the CLAM faq, any developer
not being there please reivindicate your authoring. I just put the ones at the
top of my head.