[Clam-devel] Fwd: Re: RFS: CLAM, C++ library for audio and music

David García Garzón dgarcia at iua.upf.edu
Fri Mar 6 05:39:21 PST 2009

----------  Missatge reenviat  ----------

Assumpte: Re: RFS: CLAM, C++ library for audio and music
Data: Divendres 06 Març 2009
De: David García Garzón <dgarcia at iua.upf.edu>
A: debian-mentors at lists.debian.org, Vincent Bernat <bernat at debian.org>

That's our last try to make those packages ready to get into Debian
(~svn12799):
http://clam-project.org/download/linux-debian-sid/svnsnapshots/

* Separate ITP bugs have been filled for the different related source packages
so that they can be closed independently:
#493282 ITP: clam -- CLAM, C++ Library for Audio and Music
#517910 ITP: clam-chordata -- CLAM Chordata, chord detection tool
#518353 ITP: clam-plugins -- Extension plugins for the CLAM audio framework
#517882 ITP: clam-networkeditor -- CLAM Network Editor, prototyping tool for
CLAM
Other related source packages such as clam-voice2midi, clam-annotator and
clam-smstools are not as prioritary, so i will go for those 4 by now.
Corrections to clam-smstools and clam-annotator are also wellcome but that
should not stop the others.

* Updated all the urls to point to the new domain http://clam-project.org

* Debian packaging has been separated to a different subversion tree and not
included anymore in source packages so the diff now contains the full debian
packaging. I feel this is very inconvenient for upstream maintenance but after
several tries i prefer first to conform debian and later to find a better
method.

* Man pages have been generated for most of the binaries. There are still some
missing in clam-plugins, but if this is a problem for the upload i'd prefer
removing them until we have some manpages from the authors as they are not the
central part of the package.

* Signed packages using a colective key for 'CLAM Team'. I think this is more
convenient in order to enable other CLAM developers to upload the packages. If
a personal key is required, warn me and i will change it.

* Licenses not being GLPv2 or later acknoledged at debian/copyright

* Several fixes (some plugins were not generated at all)

I would prefer not to clear the changelog, but, again, if this is required i
would clear it giving kudos to other people involved in the packaging along
those years of 'unofficiality' (Miguel Ramirez, Paul Brossier, Pau Arumí,
Hernan Hordiales, Gunter Geiger...).

So, what to do now? anything else? are the packages ready be uploaded by an
sponsor?

David Garcia Garzon
CLAM Team.

A Dimecres 24 Desembre 2008 16:02:42, Neil Williams va escriure: