[Clam-devel] Re: RFS: CLAM, C++ library for audio and music

David García Garzón dgarcia at iua.upf.edu
Tue Mar 24 08:25:28 PDT 2009

A new version of the following source packages is available at:
http://clam-project.org/download/linux-debian-sid/svnsnapshots

#493282 ITP: clam -- CLAM, C++ Library for Audio and Music
#517910 ITP: clam-chordata -- CLAM Chordata, chord detection tool
#518353 ITP: clam-plugins -- Extension plugins for the CLAM audio framework
#517882 ITP: clam-networkeditor -- CLAM Network Editor, prototyping tool for
CLAM

Could someone review and eventually sponsor them?

Please, ignore clam-annotator and clam-smstools source packages at that url
and consider just the ones in the above list. Specially 'clam' which is the
one other three packages depend on.

Changes are as follows:
* Updated to the latest svn version.
* clam-plugins: now includes manpage for the ContinuousExcitationSynthesizer
binary,
* clam-plugins: the other two binaries are not compiled anymore as they were
an old version of the synth (eBowSynthesizer) and a test binary
(TestAudioDatabaseReader).
* Added myself as Uploader and signed the package

Still some issues and doubts someone in the list might help me to solve:

* Should I split this RFS thread into several as i did for the ITP bugs?

* The only lintian warning i get is:
W: libclam13: package-name-doesnt-match-sonames libclam-audioio13 libclam-
core13 libclam-processing13
As suggested by a debian developer and according to libpkg-guide we joined the
library as the three libraries are going to change the soname at once on every
release (i am also upstream release manager), but in some sponsoring
guidelines i read that sponsored packages should be lintian clean including
warnings. Should i ignore the warning or should i split the binary packages?