[Clam-devel] git svn clam

David García Garzón dgarcia at iua.upf.edu
Sun May 31 23:09:18 PDT 2009

http://vokicodder.blogspot.com/2009/05/command-of-day-git-svn-using-git-
over.html

I've been experimenting with the usage of git as frontend to subversion. Local
commits can be extremely useful for in-flight hacking or for non-commiters.
Still there is some impedance problems with subversion but it does the work
pretty well.

i will start using it for in-flight(train) hacking but not sure if it would
help as tool for non-commiters: it is a new tool to learn just for the start
of the project until getting commit access, and then, both git and svn have
differences that messes it all. While doing the tests I messed up the sandbox
too many times for my taste.

Do i try to sketch a procedure for mentor-noncommiter communication?
Has anyone else in the list experience with git?

BTW: r13216 is a commit from a git clone.

(Work) dgarcia at iua dot upf anotherdot edu