[Clam-devel] SetHop / SetSize

Dirk Griffioen dirk.griffioen at barcelonamedia.org
Fri Aug 28 08:26:31 PDT 2009

Hi,

I have a small question regarding a Processing's SetHop / SetSize functions.

For the BufferDelayPrediction I set these according to what a user fills
in in the config menu (the default is '1024'), analog to
'AudioStream2Buffer'.

Internally this translates to:

    unsigned bufSize = mConfig.GetBufferSize();
    AudioInBuffer* inBuf = new AudioInBuffer( "Input", this );
    inBuf->SetSize( bufSize );
    inBuf->SetHop( bufSize );

Strangely enough, when bufSize is '1024', it takes forever for the
processing's Do() to get called, I think because the buffer is really
large: much larger than '1024'. If I change the buffersize to '1' things
really speed up ... and I get the impression Do() is called on the same
timing as the other Do()'s (which is what I want).

I do not understand: I could not find for instance that the value given
to SetSize is used as a factor (nor would I expect this).

Can someone help me here?

Best, Dirk

Btw AudioStream2Buffer has:

//      _in.SetSize( _config.GetBufferSize() );
        _in.SetSize( _hopSize );

so buffersize = hopsize - why would this be?