[Clam-devel] Re: Finishing Typed Controls Refactoring

David García Garzón david.garcia at upf.edu
Wed Nov 11 16:22:38 PST 2009

A Dimecres, 11 de novembre de 2009 20:42:49, vàreu escriure:
> Today Nael had some problems connecting a FloatOutControl with a
> TypedOutControl<float>. This was due to the fact we didn't finish the
> TypedControls refactor and both kinds of controls are connectable but they
>  are not binary compatible.
>
> The missing part of the refactoring consisted on deprecating In/OutControl
>  by defining FloatIn/OutControl as TypedIn/OutControl<float> and removing
>  the old classes.
>
> Today we failed to complete it and the testfarm is in red so sorry for
>  that. The errors are due, first, to some In/OutControl usage introduced
>  since the refactor started (should have been FloatIn/OutControl or
>  In/OutControlBase to be refactor safe). The other error seems related to
>  ControlPublishers, and in this case i am unable to see the problem. Any
>  help is welcome.

Fixed. The problem with the ControlPublisher is that we change the signature
of the DoControl method to pass a const reference as parameter, i forgot to
update that on the ControlPublisher and the virtual call was not working
properly.

>  After that we will rename TypedIn/OutControl as
>  In/OutControl<T> to hold the parallelism with In/OutPort<T>.

That's the only part of the refactoring missing, so we can say godbye to the
Typed prefix.

What to do with FloatIn/OutControl alias? should we use InControl<float> or do
we keep that alias? Opinions?

(Work) david dot garcia at upf anotherdot edu