[Clam-devel] sound file players plugin

Natanael Olaiz nolaiz at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 13:07:37 PST 2009

Hi all!,

I commited some changes on SndfilePlayer, until David make me realize
that would be better to do the changes directly on the new
LockFreeSndfilePlayer... so I applied those and others few changes on
it. There is pending some refactoring on the code, but anyway: what do
you think to delete the old SndFilePlayer to avoid the code duplication
(maybe moving it to SndfilePlayer then)?

And BTW, I'm doing this trying to implement a kind of sampler... and
thinking about this I would like to be able to use
regions/marks/pointers on the sound files to make the seek easier to
prepare on a sound file whithin an editor... But 1) as I see, libsndfile
doesn't support that marks. 2) I don't know if there is a Linux audio
editor which allow to make that marks (I remember that Cool Edit -actual
"Audition"- does it, and CSound can read it)... does anyone know
something about that?

Best regards,
Natanael.