[Clam-devel] Re: [CLAM] CLAM presentation at WWW 2009

Jun Jun wangjun at dsp.ac.cn
Thu Apr 23 23:15:52 PDT 2009

Thanks, Xavi and Leslie.
Now... I'm listening to Sophie Zelmani's music, and trying hard to find a way to watch xavi's videos, as youtube seems banned here :-(

As I mentioned in the end of that demo paper, I'm doing some experimental thing recently, to answer a futher question related to Aggregator- "Can we get richer information from the aggregated things?". Now the answer is clearly yes!

To put it simply, say we've constructed a Knowledge Base with the information aggregated, however, 20% of the artists don't have any mood annotations. The experiment shows that, with benefits of both semantic-web technologies and this framework, it can predict the mood tag of these unknown artists, with acurracies of ~70% (note that a random prediction is just of 20% for 5 mood classifications). Plus, the whole prediction process is done in a pretty decent way.

I think the result is very interesting and promising. With the flexible and well-designed framework of CLAM, I'm eager to see what next we may achieve.

Cheers,
Jun