[Clam-devel] Dome Yo Frankie

Pete Carss dmtquarter at googlemail.com
Thu Sep 10 05:42:48 PDT 2009

On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 9:41 AM, Natanael Olaiz <nolaiz at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Pete!,
>
> I don't know if you received my previous message, that I sent just before
> going out for holidays...

I didn't - was it via this list, seemed to be having issues for me...

> I have some local changes on the Blender scripts included in CLAM.
> Furthermore, as YoFrankie is developed in a SVN repository but with binary
> files, I have some hacked binary files and some other scripts that are not
> commited anywhere.

Is this your svn repository, or the blender community?

I'm happy checking stuff out of svn - I'll probably be demoing in my
own version of Blender 2.5 from svn....

> I've to check which files are changed, and I'll upload that to a hosting for
> tomorrow...
>
> Some questions:
>   1) do you need sample triggers for characters actions? (as we have two
> versions, one with and one without triggers) For the triggers you would need
> to use the sampler included in the OSC CLAM plugin. If not, you could use a
> loop for every sound source, and just spatialize it....
>   2) which kind of decoding algorithm do you expect to use? ATM we only have
> a binaural version (that use a closed -i.e., not included in CLAM- database
> of HRTF), and a VBAP one. Anyway, is easy to adapt some ambisonics network
> examples to the YoFrankie decoding one...

1) I think I'd like the one with triggers - I'm happy to hack
something together on the CLAM side, just didn't have time to go
through Yo Frankie to the same depth as you...

2) I'd prefer to use Ambisonics