[Clam-devel] Clam on Ubuntu 9.10

Natanael Olaiz nolaiz at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 06:09:34 PST 2009

El 12/23/2009 07:40 AM, Akira Bergman escribió:
> Hello Clam dudes,

Hi,

> I am interested in installing Clam on Ubuntu 9.10, for which the
> binary packages of Clam are not yet available at the Clam site.
>
> libxerces27-dev is not included in 9.10. How can I go about this?

libxerces-c2-dev replace it

If you are interested in compile from the sources, you could give a try
to the SVN version. See at
http://clam-project.org/wiki/Devel#Subversion_access

> I also want to put Clam on the Anjuta IDE. Is this a good idea?
> What IDE do you guys use?
At the moment I'm not using anyone. But I use KDevelop for some time. I
think that any IDE that you like should work good.

> What is a good path to follow to set up my Clam development environment?
Well, you have some tips in the wiki page:
http://clam-project.org/wiki/Devel
Maybe someone could give you some other, but anyway if you have a
question feel free to ask.
> How much RAM do I need?

To compile or to run CLAM?
To compile you should not have any problem with any ram amount if you
have enough swap space. Anyway, with 4GB you will not have any problem
even without swap.
To run, it depends on what you plan to do. Anyway, it should not have
any problem, even with a lot of less RAM. With the new machines, for
real time processing normally the most critical part is to have a RT
preempt kernel. Fortunately, in Karmic you have one :)

Best regards,
Natanael.