[Clam-devel] Troubleshooting

David García Garzón dgarcia at iua.upf.edu
Fri Jan 2 08:34:39 PST 2009

You can not take config.h files from upstream source tarball and expect them
to work since they are generated files for a concrete platform, and for sure
the ones in the upstream source tarball were generated for linux or similar,
so nothing will work.

The big precompiled 3rd party tarball in clam web provides properly generated
config.h files for windows. Although it is true that those special headers are
not in local/include, they are at local/lib/include, and there is nothing
wrong with that: pkg-config tool properly sets the include path to point on
both of them. So i guess that there is some problem with the pkg-config
execution, if so, even by getting the config.h files to work you will have
more problems than that. So let's check what's happening with pkg-config.

To check whether each try works or not you should be able to get the needed
options when you issue on the following command on the msys console:
	pkg-config --cflags --libs libxml++-2.6

If a 'command not found' error is shown, then you should check that the pkg-
config.exe file is in one of the path displayed on:
	echo $PATH
if not just append this line in MSYS/etc/profile
	export PATH="C:\MinGW\local\bin":$PATH
I guess that it should'nt be needed as the wiki doesn't mention it. If so,
warn us.

If you get a 'No package found' error instead, then the problem is that pkg-
config cannot locate the pc files in C:\MinGW\local\lib\pkgconfig. Check that
the pc files are in there and that you appended the following line in the
MSYS/etc/profile file as the wiki says:
	export PKG_CONFIG_PATH="C:\MinGW\local\lib\pkgconfig"

If the standalone pkg-config command worked then it may happen that you failed
to provide the sandbox_path option properly on the 'scons configure' command.
I don't have any other reason for it to fail. Did we got it? If not, please,
send us the output of the pkg-config command or the config.log file.

David.