[Clam-devel] CLAM demo at SCALE conference

Pau Arumí parumi at iua.upf.edu
Tue Jan 13 09:56:43 PST 2009

El dl 12 de 01 de 2009 a les 10:01 -0800, en/na abe kazemzadeh va
escriure:
> Hi Pau,
>
> Sure if you have any suggestions about what to demo, let me know.
> When I show clam to friends, I usually show them the network editor.
> I guess I can show a little of each of the clam tools, then how to
> make a simple processing to show the programming aspects.
>
> The conference organizer suggested the "birds of a feather" sessions
> if I didn't have enough people to run a booth.  The birds of a feather
> sessions seem to be informal sessions for special topics, like linux
> audio.
>
> Let me know if you have suggestions and I'll keep you posted about how
> it goes... Thanks,

Well, the first thing that comes to my mind is the
user-friendly-chords-application -- previously known as Trunaround and
to be renamed Chordia or Chordata. I think David did the Debian/Ubuntu
and Windows packages recently.

Also, the prototyping features: That is, first create a network with NE,
second, create a user interface with QtDesigner, third, connect both by
copy-pasting ports/controls ID's, fourth, run the Prototyper (There is a
tutorial in the wiki)

Also, the Faust/NE integration.

Or even the automatic compilation of networks to ladspa plugins -- all
from the NE interface. Though this needs some fixing (that will be fixed
in short, cause we need it at BarcelonaMedia)

Of course, any of these (apart from the chords app) needs some time to
learn.

Cheers!