[Clam-devel] CLAM & Eclipse on OS X

Amichi Amar ami.amar at mat.ucsb.edu
Tue Feb 10 11:10:17 PST 2009

I solved the problems I was having with scons and eclipse.

The issue was that the PATH environment variable of eclipse, when
launched by double clicking the icon, was always /usr/bin:/bin:/usr/
sbin:/sbin

For some reason eclipse isn't getting the appropriate PATH. I don't
know why and by reading various mailing list posts this problem exists
with eclipse on both Windows and OS X.

The solution is to launch eclipse from the command line which makes it
inherit the environment of the shell - along with an appropriate PATH.

Also, anytime you click 'Apply' on the configuration panel of SCons it
*overwrites* the SConstruct file. If you set arguments to pass to
SCons (e.g. force_avoid_configure=1) and don't click Apply, things
will work as intended. Funky behavior.

CLAM and NetworkEditor now working for me with eclipse.

Cheers,

Amichi