[Clam-devel] Blender CLAM integration

Natanael Olaiz nolaiz at gmail.com
Fri May 8 08:37:07 PDT 2009

El 05/08/2009 05:07 PM, Pete Carss escribió:
> I've tried running Blender and CLAM on the same box (Ubuntu 9.04). Now
> the exported network loads, and when I press ALT-A in blender I get
> the FrameChanged message in NetworkEditor. So, it works, kinda.
>
> I think the problem with my network was a labeling issue with the
> listener and source - they'd ended up with extra numbers, like:
> listener0.000.

Exactly. Dots are not allowed in CLAM processings names, since are used
for the connections in the XML.
I updated the network_scene_exporter script to replace thems, so if you
update your sandbox it should work now...

> But - I saw the sockets being used, and assumed that Blender and CLAM
> could be on different machines? I thought OSC could be used this way,
> am I wrong?
Yes, you could just replace in the BlenderOSCSender script the
"Message(message,value).sendlocal(port)" line by
"Message(message,value).sendto("xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx",port)", where
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is the ip that you want to send the messages.

Best regards,
Natanael.