[Clam-devel] add descriptions to the networks

David García Garzón dgarcia at iua.upf.edu
Tue Jun 2 11:49:30 PDT 2009

A very useful feature, Angelo! Some comments:

- when the ui file has no real modification, is better not to include it in
the patch. designer often just rewrites the formating from one version to
another.
- do not include in the patch the networks with dummy descriptions, copy the
networks and work with the copies or just edit the patch to delete them.
- DescriptionDefinitionAdapter class is not needed at all, Text is already a
component, so remove the man in the middle and use the XMLComponentAdapter
with the Text.
- do not trigger an error if the description is not present, just take it as
empty.
- and, when storing it, if it is empty, do write it (you are currently
skiping)

The last two will allow us to migrate silently old networks.

Besides that, including the commit message in the mail would be very useful
for us both to speed up the commit and to understand it. Notice that your
patch includes not just the network description but also a bug fix for the
NetworkEditor ProcesingTree button, which is important to note in the log.

Maybe Pau already pointed that to you but if not take a look to those
guidelines we use for Qt code:
http://clam-project.org/wiki/Devel/Programming_with_Qt