[Clam-devel] const patch

dirk.griffioen dirk.griffioen at barcelonamedia.org
Tue Jun 9 06:40:05 PDT 2009

Hi David,
> Dirk, be carefull: 'const T &' and 'T const &' are different animals. The
> former means that the referenced cannot be changed while the later means the
> reference can not be changed, which, against what happens with pointers, for
> references is always the case, so it is like not puting any const at all.

Actually, they are the same :)

    http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/const-correctness.html#faq-18.8

you are reading it as it were T& const (in which case you remark is exact)

    http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/const-correctness.html#faq-18.7

but I find const& the better read: 'T is a const reference'

However, I can change it to be in sync with the rest of clam?

Dirk