[Clam-devel] Ladspa+Clam problem

Eugenio Rustico jfrusciante at tiscali.it
Tue Oct 13 01:51:35 PDT 2009

2009/10/12 Pau Arumí <pau.arumi at barcelonamedia.org>:
> It looks like a problem in the ladspa wrapper or in the
> port/audio-stream implementation. I'll try to have a look at it this
> week. Any help on debugging this will be appreciated.

Good news: on the same machine, if I compile a little source doing the
same exact stuff (with stereo djeq) sound is fine. I didn't try to
load a .network file. Maybe the problem is in how NetworkEditor
manages LADSPA wrappers?

Please note I'm using verison 1.2 (on Hardy). However, I had
occasionally the same problem on my laptop, where 1.3 is installed (on
Jaunty)

> As a side note, clam devs at barcelona-media are working on new schema
> for audio passing through ports (passing and reusing audio buffers)
> which will make clam more efficient.

Looking after it ^^

I have to say that documentation for developers is very poor.
Doxygen-generated docs are ok, but they definitely need more comments.
It took 1 hour for me to understand how to translate the example here

http://clam-project.org/wiki/Constructing_and_playing_a_simple_network

in a simple program that uses Jack backend and djeq (i.e. I understood
how to load LADSPA library browsing class names in the docs...). Maybe
it is worth publishing some other examples... With more example it
would have been much easier and faster. I think processings need also
a cleaner visual documentation (e.g. simple list of
inputs-outputs-controls), like when using the NEditor and hovering the
mouse on a module.
I'm attaching my .cpp source and the Makefile, maybe they'll be useful
to some other newbie like me. Use them as you wish :)

BTW, Clam is a great. Keep on, guys ;)

  All the best
  Eugenio Rustico

PS: before subscribing to this mailing list, I subscribed to the user
one (clam at iua.upf.es); however, I was not able to send any email to it
(seems like the dns returns an error)