[Clam-devel] iclampy

David García Garzón david.garcia at upf.edu
Fri Jan 29 03:45:00 PST 2010

This is the last ipyclam version i have in my computer. I send it to the list
as starting point for Xavier Serra's final course project. First, let me
clarify that Xavi Serra is not Music Technology Group's head, who was involved
in the CLAM project's start up, but an homonimous UPF student. :-)
I hope he will introduce himself to the list in short.

The overall idea for his project is to improve the integration between clam
and python in many ways.

The first way to explore will be an api which address direct network
manipulation and exploration. This does not overlaps Hernan's pyclam bindings.
It is a higher level and more pythonic api that has similar operations to the
ones available in the network editor. This would enable executing such actions
programatically, for example, to manipulate the mega networks we are dealing
with in Barcelona Media.

If you have more ideas on how python could be used in clam, please propose and
lobby for them to be included in his project.

Hernan, i don't know the current status of the pyclam bindings. It sounds to
me that the show stopper, the dependencies, are already in ubuntu so we could
consider to build a package. Also, including its compilation and tests in
testfarm would be nice.

(Work) david dot garcia at upf anotherdot edu