[clam-devel] pywin32's setup.py won't install Win7

malik martin laserbeak43 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 18 07:08:46 PDT 2010

Hello,
I have Windows 7. Mingw and VS2010 installed.
I'm trying to follow the tutorial to build CLAM with minGW and I'm
getting errors when trying to
run the setup.py from pywin32, cause it needs vs2003 to be installed

i've tried "C:\pywin32-214>setup.py install -c mingw32" and
"C:\pywin32-214>setup.py  -c mingw32"

but they don't work. anyone have any suggestions?

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7600]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

C:\pywin32-214>setup.py install
Building pywin32 2.5.214.0
running install
running build
running build_py
running build_ext
error: Python was built with Visual Studio 2003;
extensions must be built with a compiler than can generate compatible binaries.
Visual Studio 2003 was not found on this system. If you have Cygwin installed,
you can try compiling with MingW32, by passing "-c mingw32" to setup.py.

C:\pywin32-214>