[clam-devel] Freeze for 1.4.0

Toni toni at links2linux.de
Sat Mar 6 13:58:27 PST 2010

Am Samstag, 6. März 2010 schrieb David García Garzón:
> A Dissabte 06 Març 2010 12:18:30, Toni va escriure:
> > Am Freitag, 5. März 2010 schrieb David García Garzón:
> > > A Divendres 05 Març 2010 12:48:10, David García Garzón va escriure:

> > > Got it! finally r14032 is 1.4.0!!!!!
> > >
> > > Source tarballs are available at the download page. Binaries will be
> > > there in short.
> > >
> > > I was not able to build debian package for chordata because imagemagick
> > > svg to xpm conversions is broken in sid. Not a big problem though.
> > >
> > > I also had to disable osc plugin as it was not direct to set it up so
> > > that its dependency on the sndfile plugin library can be fullfilled
> > > without installing it in the system. Anyway, packaging can be fixed
> > > later and it is a miss that can stop the release. It took for so
> > > longer.
> > >
> > > Let's do screenshots, videos and the announcement!
> >
> > could you please add a option "libsuffix" to the scons options ?
> > e.g.
> > scons libsuffix="" (32bit)
> > scons libsuffix="64" (64bit)
> >
> > for SuSE the lib-installation directory is /usr/lib/64 for libraries on
> > 64bit machines, same for /usr/lib64/pkgconfig
> >
> > workaround for the moment:
> > sed -i -e 's|/lib|/%{_lib}|g' scons/libs/clam_build_helpers.py
>
> I guess that a similar change should be done in scons/sconstools/clam.py,
> in the plugins and applications scons and in the search paths for the
> plugins in src/Processing/Plugins. Too many files to my taste to apply that
> change.
>
> I would like to have some kind of PKG_CONFIG_PATH magic, instead a scons
> var, that would bring the current platform tension away. I guess that
> defining it in the calling environment would solve the problem but i had
> problems trying to bring it to the final pkg-config call from SCons in
> windows. If you send a patch with your ideal files, i will try to merge
> them. No promise though.
should be the same problem with Fedora, they use pretty the same rules.

So you should find a solution for those 64bit installations, in the meanwhile
I can drop the 64bit packages to avoid problems with non-functional packages.

Installatin in /usr/lib for 64 bit packages is strictly forbidden and the
package build will abort, thats the reason I tried t figure out how to manage
the installation in /usr/lib64. But if the program itself is looking only
in /usr/lib we are lost for the moment.

I'll check other scons based packages I maintain who they slved this thing, if
I find some examples I can mail you the "magic".

> > second note:
> > in the desktop-files a extension for the icon is not allowed any longer
> > :)
>
> Pretty easy to change but patches are welcome if you already did it. I
> wonder whether that is the freedesktop standard or just the SuSe policy.
> Can we apply the change in general?
I know that Fedora and SuSE are using the same rules, and the rpmlint tool
states: "Warning: Icon extension in desktop-file."

I "patched" it with sed at package build-time. It is to much work to write for
everything a patch :)

> > packages are uploaded to our Build-Server :)
>
> Cool! Should we add any url to the clam website?
feel free to do so:

http://packman.links2linux.de/package/libclam
http://packman.links2linux.de/package/clam-annotator
http://packman.links2linux.de/package/clam-networkeditor
http://packman.links2linux.de/package/clam-smstools
http://packman.links2linux.de/package/clam-voice2midi

People can use the One-Click installer, it will install all necessary
dependencies. Or they can use the distribution package manger and add the
packman repsitory to their setup.

Or if you like you can copy the html-code for the one-click installer to your
website.

Its your decision :)

--
have fun