[clam-devel] Network compilation problem

David García Garzón david.garcia at barcelonamedia.org
Tue Apr 20 07:30:41 PDT 2010

On Monday 19 April 2010 20:38:37 SAn wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 18, 2010 at 16:16, Greg <gkjoyce at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi, so I think I followed the wiki's directions for building on Arch
> > correctly but I am getting the following error when I try to build:
> > EnvironmentError: No tool named 'qt4': not a Zip file:
> >  File "/home/dingus/clam-install/network/src/NetworkEditor-1.4.0/S
> >    env.Tool('qt4', toolpath=[clam_sconstoolspath])
> >  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/SCons/Environment.py", lin
> >    tool = apply(SCons.Tool.Tool, (tool, toolpath), kw)
> >  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/SCons/Tool/__init__.py", l
> >    module = self._tool_module()
> >  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/SCons/Tool/__init__.py", l
> >    raise SCons.Errors.EnvironmentError, m
> > ==> ERROR: Build Failed.
> >
> > I do have QT installed and I am exporting the path to QT.
>
> Hi greg, i´ve updated clam AUR packages 5 minutes ago, please try them!
> clam 1.4 http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=7216
> NetworkEditor 1.4  http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=31997
>
> SAn

Cool. So in archlinux QTDIR should be /usr/lib/qt. Perfect. I wonder, by
defining QTDIR, is SHCXXFLAGS needed at all (if so, it is a bug on qt4 scons
tool i should fix). Also, the way you define QT4_MOC has no sense at all, it
should define a command and not an option. Does it work?

I would also like that as most platforms could rely on pkg-config for qt. Did
you have problems using it (by undefining QTDIR)?

David.