[clam-devel] Changes to NetworkEditor

Xavier Serra xvr.serra at gmail.com
Fri Jul 30 17:57:04 PDT 2010

On Jul 30, 2010, at 6:19 PM, David García Garzón wrote:

> On Tuesday 27 July 2010 18:55:43 Xavier Serra Román wrote:
>> Hi guys,
>> I finished the integration of clamrefactor with NetworkEditor. The code is
>> in the patch. I'm sorry for all the warning it throws, I don't know how to
>> silence them. The code has some limitations:
>>
>> 1. clamrefactor.py and migrationScript need to be in the same directory
>> from where you launch NetworkEditor 2. NetworkEditor has to be launched
>> using: PYTHONPATH=`pwd` ./NetworkEditor This is needed for the Python
>> Interpreter embedded to find the module.
>>
>> The SConstruct file is changed too because it's needed to link with the
>> Python libraries
>>
>> Bye!
>
> We should meet to decide what to do with the scripts and paths. Embedding
> would be the perfect solution, at least for the migration script but also for
> the clamrefactor module. Is that possible?

I don't really know. The safest assumption would be that it's possible. I'll search around
to see If I find something. We should decide too how to treat errors (tell the user the
specific error; just tell that something happened; do nothing and load the network file
without any change...)

> It also looks like the loadFromString and loadFrom file have some code
> duplication, and that the python bit looks like an alien we should move apart
> to some class.

I though so too, but I didn't know how to solve the problem. Maybe we can come up with
a solution together.