[clam-devel] Freeze for 1.4.0

David García Garzón david.garcia at upf.edu
Sat Mar 6 11:52:10 PST 2010

A Dissabte 06 Març 2010 12:18:30, Toni va escriure:
> Am Freitag, 5. März 2010 schrieb David García Garzón:
> > A Divendres 05 Març 2010 12:48:10, David García Garzón va escriure:
> > > A Dijous 04 Març 2010 22:14:42, David García Garzón va escriure:

> > > Failed. Current candidate r14018
> >
> > Got it! finally r14032 is 1.4.0!!!!!
> >
> > Source tarballs are available at the download page. Binaries will be
> > there in short.
> >
> > I was not able to build debian package for chordata because imagemagick
> > svg to xpm conversions is broken in sid. Not a big problem though.
> >
> > I also had to disable osc plugin as it was not direct to set it up so
> > that its dependency on the sndfile plugin library can be fullfilled
> > without installing it in the system. Anyway, packaging can be fixed
> > later and it is a miss that can stop the release. It took for so longer.
> >
> > Let's do screenshots, videos and the announcement!
>
> could you please add a option "libsuffix" to the scons options ?
> e.g.
> scons libsuffix="" (32bit)
> scons libsuffix="64" (64bit)
>
> for SuSE the lib-installation directory is /usr/lib/64 for libraries on
> 64bit machines, same for /usr/lib64/pkgconfig
>
> workaround for the moment:
> sed -i -e 's|/lib|/%{_lib}|g' scons/libs/clam_build_helpers.py

I guess that a similar change should be done in scons/sconstools/clam.py, in
the plugins and applications scons and in the search paths for the plugins in
src/Processing/Plugins. Too many files to my taste to apply that change.

I would like to have some kind of PKG_CONFIG_PATH magic, instead a scons var,
that would bring the current platform tension away. I guess that defining it in
the calling environment would solve the problem but i had problems trying to
bring it to the final pkg-config call from SCons in windows. If you send a patch
with your ideal files, i will try to merge them. No promise though.

> second note:
> in the desktop-files a extension for the icon is not allowed any longer :)

Pretty easy to change but patches are welcome if you already did it. I wonder
whether that is the freedesktop standard or just the SuSe policy. Can we apply
the change in general?

> packages are uploaded to our Build-Server :)

Cool! Should we add any url to the clam website?

(Work) david dot garcia at upf anotherdot edu