[clam-devel] Changes to NetworkEditor

David García Garzón david.garcia at barcelonamedia.org
Fri Jul 30 09:19:11 PDT 2010

On Tuesday 27 July 2010 18:55:43 Xavier Serra Román wrote:
> Hi guys,
> I finished the integration of clamrefactor with NetworkEditor. The code is
> in the patch. I'm sorry for all the warning it throws, I don't know how to
> silence them. The code has some limitations:
>
> 1. clamrefactor.py and migrationScript need to be in the same directory
> from where you launch NetworkEditor 2. NetworkEditor has to be launched
> using: PYTHONPATH=`pwd` ./NetworkEditor This is needed for the Python
> Interpreter embedded to find the module.
>
> The SConstruct file is changed too because it's needed to link with the
> Python libraries
>
> Bye!

We should meet to decide what to do with the scripts and paths. Embedding
would be the perfect solution, at least for the migration script but also for
the clamrefactor module. Is that possible?

It also looks like the loadFromString and loadFrom file have some code
duplication, and that the python bit looks like an alien we should move apart
to some class.

If you are still by Barcelona, drop yourself by my office and let's do some
pair programming.

David.