[clam-devel] Fwd: Call-for-Papers on Clams: Anatomy, Habitat and Ecological Significance

Xavier Amatriain xavier at amatriain.net
Thu Apr 7 04:16:22 PDT 2011

Best academic spam ever :-)

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Call-for-Papers on Clams: Anatomy, Habitat and Ecological
Significance
Date: 	Tue, 05 Apr 2011 00:52:51 +0400
From: 	main at novapublishers.com
To: 	xavier at create.ucsb.edu

Dear Dr. Amatriain,

We have learned of your published research on clams. We would like to
invite your participation in our publishing program. In particular, I
have in mind a new research or review article for an edited collection
(invitation only) being assembled under my overall direction tentatively
entitled
*/
Clams: Anatomy, Habitat and Ecological Significance
/*

The deadline for the abstract is *April 30^th 2011 *and for the
completed chapter *July 30^th 2011*. Please send the abstract and the
chapter to main at novapublishers.com <mailto:main at novapublishers.com>.

Related book webpages:
*/Marine Phytoplankton
https://www.novapublishers.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=9515
/*/_
_/
/_We also welcome proposals to serve as the editor of this volume. If
you are interested, please send your latest CV to
_n.columbus at novapublishers <mailto:n.columbus at novapublishers>_.
Proposals to serve as the editor are welcome up to the abstract
deadline. _/In addition, we welcome proposals for monographs, edited
collections or book series in this or related fields, as well as for
membership on related Editorial Advisory Boards.

_Edited Collection_: The contributions for this edited book are intended
to range from 4,000-35,000 words (chapters over 10,000 words can be
updated by the author for the e-version of their chapter for a period of
2 years at intervals of 6 months, 12 months and 24 months after
publication). If you are interested in participating, please consult the
Notes for Contributors at the bottom of this letter. Should your
schedule not allow a full contribution at this time, we would welcome
either a Commentary or Short Communication of 1,000-4,000 words.

Publication will be about 6-9 months after the close of the volume. As
soon as a book is listed on our Website (www.novapublishers.com
<http://www.novapublishers.com/>), the codes in the status field are
changed to indicate the production stages through publication.

_Draft Abstract and or Commentary and Copyright Transfer Form

_NOVA grants to the author (and to all coauthors) the right to present
orally, in any forum, all or part of the work. It is also stipulated
that all graphics including figures, tables and charts may be
republished by the author without permission from Nova Science.

In consideration of the fact that NOVA undertakes to publish my
article/chapter:

I affirm that the material is original (updated or syntheses of
previously published works are considered original). 2. I affirm that I
(and my coauthors) have obtained written permission for unrestricted use
of any previously copyrighted material included in the article and that
such documentation will be forwarded to NOVA for its files. I further
affirm that I (and my coauthors) have stated any possible conflicts of
interest within the article. 3. I (and my coauthors) hereby assign and
transfer to NOVA all rights of copyright ownership and permissions to
the article/chapter, including without limitation or restriction, all
rights of reproduction, derivation, distribution, sale, reuse, and
display of the work, in whole or in part, including recompilation and
stand-alone publication, in any and all forms of media now or hereafter
known, including all electronic and digital media, as protected by the
laws of the United States and foreign countries and to authorize others
to make such uses of the work. These rights will become the property of
NOVA from the date of acceptance of the article/chapter for publication
and extend for the life of the copyright. I understand that NOVA, as
copyright owner, has authority to grant permission to reproduce the
article/chapter.

Edited Book Title: ______________________________

Proposed Chapter Title: ______________________________

I sign for (type name, and date) and accept responsibility for
transferring copyright of this article to NOVA.

If this chapter is selected for possible cross-publication to a topical
volume, I understand that I will be given the opportunity to change the
content, including title, if appropriate, at the page proof stage.

___I am a Government Employee and there is no copyright to transfer. I
affirm the authors? warranties in points 1 and 2 above.

Author's Name: ?????????????Affiliation:????????..????.
(please print)

Signature: ???????????????.Date:???????????????

Select one:
Peer review to be arranged by author?????.
Review at Nova??????

Draft Abstract (150-500 words):

*/Biographical Sketch
/*_
_Please fill out the Biographical Sketch listed here to have your
abstract and biographical sketch published in Nova?s series of books
containing specialized-topic research summaries (abstracts) and
biographical sketches:
Name:
Affiliation: