[clam-devel] Adding and Removing attributes in a DT in a positional way

David García Garzón david.garcia at barcelonamedia.org
Mon Jun 20 08:01:33 PDT 2011

Xavi is working rigth now in supporting optional attributes in dynamic types
(configurations) from ipyclam. For that he needs interface to add and remove
an attribute by index which does not exist (there is a private AddAtttr_ which
requires the size of the type as second parameter which is too much an
implementation detail.

I changed AddAttr_ to use the size already stored in the attribute information
struct and not requiring the size parameter (patch attached). But, still the
method names are not ready for a public interface. What about:
	void AddAttribute(unsigned i)
	void AddDynamicTypeAttribute(unsigned i)
	void AddAttributeByIndex(unsigned i)
Any thoughs or preferences?

Note to Xavi: If we can take the size from that description table, there is no
need to implement a chained method as i told you. (me overdesigning again)

David.