[clam-devel] Fwd: Blender/CLAM integration

Natanael Olaiz nolaiz at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 02:27:26 PDT 2011

Hi Murray,

El 08/05/2011 04:51 AM, Murray Meehan escribió:
> Hi Natanael,
>
> I've just begun wading into work on the CLAM project as part of a term
> project, and your CLAM/Blender scripts seem like the beginning of
> something I might like to continue. Has it been abandoned since 2009?

The scripts that you are talking about are not updated since that time, yes.

Basically (from the Blender side) are OSC senders of the movements and
other triggers, allowing you to receive the controls from CLAM to use
the spatialization plugin objects.

Some of the scripts are for the animation API, and the others for the
GameEngine one (the paper that you named of the LAC talk about that use
case).

> And if so, what version of Blender was it built to work with?

At that time we were using blender 2.49. It should not be so difficult
to update to the 2.5 API. I'll try to have a look on that on this
holidays, but if you want to take the task, you are welcome and count
with me if you need help (the adaptation of the scripts would not be
difficult for me, but get used to the new blender UI yes :-/)

BTW, I know that there was other people doing some work with it. Adding
feedback from CLAM or another application (through OSC) and synching
with jack transport... But I'm not sure how much of that project it's
publicly available at the moment. I'll ask about that.

And related (not with CLAM but with blender 3d audio spatialization),
there is a recent approach to use blender as a spatialization tool,
maybe you want to have a look to it :
http://www.blendernation.com/2011/07/30/gsoc-2011-3d-audio-tools/

Best regards,
Natanael.