[clam-devel] Issue Linking libcurl in SConstruct

David García Garzón david.garcia at upf.edu
Thu May 26 09:11:25 PDT 2011

A Dimecres 25 Maig 2011 23:30:18, Cliff Chen va escriure:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to link to libcurl in my CLAM module, and I'm having a lot of
> issues understanding the default SConstruct file provided on the website.
> libcurl on my machine is in the /usr/include/curl directory. Where would I
> make modifications to include these libraries in my program?

libcurl provides a pkg-config file usually at /usr/lib/pkgconfig/libcurl.pc,
so you can obtain compilation flags using pkg-config command.
In SCons, it is just a matter of calling in the scons file:
	env.ParseConfig('pkg-config --cflags --libs libcurl')
and it will populate  the environment properly with compile and link flags.

curl seems to provide also a program named curl-config. You can use it instead
of pkg-config if some of your target platforms lacks of pkg-config.

We are quite curious on what people is using CLAM for, so we will pleased if
you want to explain what is your module/project about.

Regards.

(Work) david dot garcia at upf anotherdot edu