[clam-devel] Important Question regarding CLAM

David GARCÍA GARZÓN david.garcia at upf.edu
Wed Oct 12 16:32:04 PDT 2011

Hi.

No plan on integrating music21. Sorry. Anyway...

You should take a look to the extractors in CLAM Annotator.
They include among others, extractors which use the same
algorithms that Chordata uses. Those extractors generate
xml files that python can turn easily in any format you
need provided that the information you need for the format
is there.

CLAM provide pitch (for monophonic excerpts) rhythm,
harmony/chords for polyphonic excerpts...
The information is quite noisy and far from having notation
but it can be a pretty good starting point.

David.

>From Lee Savide <laughingman182 at gmail.com>
Sent Tue 10/11/2011 9:17 PM
To clam-devel at lists.clam-project.org
Subject [clam-devel] Important Question regarding CLAM

Hi. I'm a college student who's majoring in music technology, and when I found this project, I was VERY impressed. I've been looking for an open source framework like this for YEARS, and nothing good ever came up. Then I found this. Now, I'm going to have to ask something extremely crucial: Is there any planning to involve integration into the music21 (http://code.google.com/p/music21/) project? Specifically, I'd be very interested with the concept of a tool that can analyze and deconstruct the music notation from WAV, MP3, and OGG files. Specifically and open source tool for that would be an amazing feat within itself. PLEASE do get back to me; I've been looking for a project like this for a very long time (over 6 years). Thank you very much for your time, and efforts. :)