[clam-devel] help for new module in Network Editor

David García Garzón david.garcia at upf.edu
Wed Jan 8 01:44:02 PST 2014

Ops, we are experiencing problems with the mailing servers and this mail
got lost. Sorry for that.

El 18/11/13 20:58, Giuseppe Elvio De Luca ha escrit:
> Dear Clam Developers,
>
> My name is Elvio and I'm an Italian student in Computer Science.

You don't give details about that so, I am suposing you are using
development version in clam version and your are trying to compile in
Ubuntu Linux. If not, just provide such details. Such information is
very important in order to report any problem. Error messages you get on
the console are also informative.

> I intended to use CLAM library for my thesis but I stumbled upon a few
> problems and i haven't managed to go through them.
>
> 1) I have seen the wiki pages for build a new module for Network Editor but
> i don't understand how i can compile and add this module in Network Editor.
> Can You explain me?

You have to install the generated plugin yourmodule.so in one of a set
of directories which NetworkEditor looks for. This is explained on the
wiki. So, where did you installed them?

And you have to place the library libclam_yourmodule.so* in a path where
it can be located. LD_LIBRARY_PATH if not standard the /usr/lib

So important: which is your install prefix? how are environment vars
defined (CLAM_PLUGIN_PATH LD_LIBRARY_PATH, PKG_CONFIG_PATH...)?

> 2) If I create a project in Network Editor, i can export it in a XML files.
> I have seen that i can call this file in a C++ program as in this link:
> http://clam-project.org/wiki/Constructing_and_playing_a_simple_network

> but the problem is the same: how I can build it? how I can compile it?
> what is the rule of the SConstruct file?

The simpler solution is to link your program.  Just add your module to
the ClamModules directive.

David.