[CLAM] compiling CLAM examples

Kasper Souren kasper at industree.org
Tue Nov 19 07:21:56 PST 2002

Hi,

I'm trying to compile some CLAM examples, but I get quite some errors.
autoconf and ./configure work fine, and I did a 'make depend' first.
I'm using Debian, and recently pinned down the unstable and testing packages
(so that I will have a Debian stable system within a while...).

There are some issues with the fftw stuff:

../src/Processing/Analysis/FFT_rfftw.cxx: In method `bool
CLAM::FFT_rfftw::Do(const CLAM::Audio &, CLAM::Spectrum &) const':
../src/Processing/Analysis/FFT_rfftw.cxx:159: passing `TData *' as argument 2
of `rfftw_one(fftw_plan_struct *, fftw_real *, fftw_real *)'
../src/Processing/Analysis/FFT_rfftw.cxx:164: passing `TData *' as argument 2
of `rfftw_one(fftw_plan_struct *, fftw_real *, fftw_real *)'
../src/Processing/Analysis/FFT_rfftw.cxx:171: passing `TData *' as argument 2
of `rfftw_one(fftw_plan_struct *, fftw_real *, fftw_real *)'

Also, Spectrum_example did compile, but when running I get the errors:

An error occurred during creation of output transcoder. Msg is:
Could not create a converter for encoding: UTF-
An error occurred during creation of output transcoder. Msg is:
Could not create a converter for encoding: UTF-
An error occurred during creation of output transcoder. Msg is:
Could not create a converter for encoding: UTF-

Also, I wonder if CLAM only works with ALSA, or also with OSS... Because at
the moment I still can't use ALSA.

I'd be happy to give more information... Let me know if this is needed.
And err.. when is the first release planned? Still 12 days left in november :)

greetz,
Kasper