[CLAM] fftw library (double precision) not found

Vegard Sandvold vegardsa at mjodur.ifi.uio.no
Fri May 16 06:22:52 PDT 2003

Hello! I hope someone can help me with this one.

When following the instructions on the cvs page
(http://www.iua.upf.es/mtg/clam/clam-anon-cvs.htm) I get the following
error while running ./configure:

mjodur: unix_tools>./configure
creating cache ./config.cache
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for double precision fftw library... checking for library containing fftw_sizeof_fftw_real... no
configure: error: fftw library (double precision) not found. Maybe you want to configure with
--disable-double?
mjodur: unix_tools>

I'm installing on a Linux version 2.4.18-27.7.x, Red Hat Linux 7.3
2.96-112, gcc version 2.96 20000731.

Do I have to compile FFTW separately, and in that case; which version
of FFTW do you use?  Versions 2 and 3 are incompatible, as far as I know.

Regards,
Vegard Sandvold