[CLAM] fftw library (double precision) not found

Vegard Sandvold vegardsa at ifi.uio.no
Fri May 16 06:53:25 PDT 2003

On Fri, 16 May 2003, Albert Mora wrote:

> Hi Vegard!

First of all, thanks for your interest!

You're welcome! I hope to use CLAM while working on my M.Sc. thesis.

Vegard Sandvold <vegardsa at mjodur.ifi.uio.no> escrigué:
> I'm installing on a Linux version 2.4.18-27.7.x, Red Hat Linux 7.3
> 2.96-112, gcc version 2.96 20000731.

It's possible that this gcc/g++ version gives some problem to you,
since is not an official GNU's release. The fully supported gcc/g++
version is 2.95, and partially 3.2...

Little to do about this, since I'm compiling on one of the
university's computers.

> Do I have to compile FFTW separately, and in that case; which version
> of FFTW do you use?  Versions 2 and 3 are incompatible, as far as I know.

What did you do about this? Did you install a version that only
includes simple precision fonts? (then use ./configure
--disable-double)? Did you really install fftw-dev? Here, I'm using
2.1 version (Debian's official) an no problems appear...

When I ran with --disable-double I got the following error:

mjodur: unix_tools>./configure --disable-double
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for single precision fftw library... checking for library containing fftw_sizeof_fftw_real... no
checking for double precision fftw library... checking for library containing fftw_sizeof_fftw_real... (cached) no
configure: error: fftw not found
mjodur: unix_tools>

Is FFTW supposed to be a part of the CLAM release? Or is it lacking
from my Red Hat installation?

Vegard

Waiting your answer,
albert...