[CLAM] Errors in custom build step on Windows

mramirez at iua.upf.es mramirez at iua.upf.es
Mon Sep 22 12:59:10 PDT 2003

> I've just downloaded and installed CLAM-0.5.2 and the libraries it depends
> on and placed them in the 'sandbox' directories as described in the online
> documentation.  srcdeps.exe built successfully and I modified the project
> directory settings in VC++ as described.  Unfortunately, whenever I try to
> build any other project, I get errors similar to the following during the
> custom build step:
>
> (First I see this warning:)
> Warning: unused variable USE_QT

Don't worry about these, they are pretty harmless ( under Windows ).

> (Then:)
> ../../../src\Base/DynamicType.cxx 6 36
> Error: Unterminated preprocessor conditions
> ../../../src\Errors/ErrOutOfMemory.cxx 7 38
> ../../../src\Storage\XML/XMLStorage.cxx 8 38
>
> No matter which program I attempt to compile, I get a few of the
> "Unterminated preprocessor conditions" error.
>
> Anyone aware of there being a problem?  Did I miss a step during setup of
> my
> environment?

Hi Devin,

In principle, you should not pay attention to those errors: the problem is
not in the code but in srcdeps, since it doesn't support fully all
possible combinations of C preprocessor macros.

However we have detected that, when CLAM XML facilities are activated (by
setting the CLAM_USE_XML variable to one), no .dsp file gets produced - no
message appears on VC IDE telling you that "someone has changed the
current project from outside the IDE" and asking you about reloading it.
It is that your case?

Thank you for your feedback,

Miguel.