[CLAM] configure-ing CLAM

Xavi Rubio xrubio at iua.upf.es
Tue Sep 23 07:19:51 PDT 2003

Hi Kasper.

The latest version of xerces won't work with CLAM because they have changed the interfaces quite a lot, so you will need to download the 1.7 version or disable xml. We'll change to xerces2 as soon as we can.

In order to compile applications with CLAM, we provide a build directory with the general configurations and rules for all projects. Inside this, there is a tree of projects (Examples, Tests,...). If you want to compile, for example, the SMSTools application, you should go the build/Examples/SMS/Tools directory. Here you can see the file settings.cfg, with the local configuration of the project. In order to create the dependencies, type 'make depend'. After this, you can compile in debug mode ('make CONFIG=debug')
or in release ('make CONFIG=release').

I hope that you'll be able to compile all the projects with these commands.

Anywaym, this procedure is explained in the documentation of CLAM, chapter 5, that can be obtained in our project homepage:

http://www.iua.upf.es/mtg/clam/

Xavi