[CLAM] ./configuring CLAM

Pupeno pupeno at pupeno.com
Tue Apr 13 11:45:02 PDT 2004

Trying to run ./configure on CLAM I've got the following error:
checking for fftw library...... configure: error:
The test program did not compile or link. Check your config.log for
details.
Checking config.log I see that there are a couple of problems, the compiling
line is like this:
gcc -o conftest -g -O2    -lfftw   conftest.c  >&5
1) It should be g++, not gcc (fftw is C++, not C) and -lfftw should be at the
end.
2) -lfftw should be at the end, after conftest.c
The resulting like should be this:
g++ -o conftest -g -O2 conftest.c -lfftw
and that line works without problem.
But I can't find how to integrate it back in the build system.

I tracked down this error to the file aclocal.m4, here:

if test $found_fftw = yes; then
	AC_MSG_CHECKING([for fftw library...])
	OLD_FLAGS=$CXXFLAGS

	link_ok=no

	FFTW_LIBS="fftw"
	FLAG_FFTW_LIBS="$FLAG_FFTW_LIBS -lfftw"
	CFLAGS="$CFLAGS $FLAG_FFTW_INCLUDES $FLAG_FFTW_LIB_PATH $FLAG_FFTW_LIBS"
	AC_TRY_LINK([
		#include<fftw.h>
	],[
		fftw_sizeof_fftw_real();
		return 0;
	],[
		link_ok=yes
	],[])

	if test $link_ok = no; then
		AC_MSG_ERROR([
The test program did not compile or link. Check your config.log for
details.]
		)
	else
		AC_MSG_RESULT(yes: [$FFTW_LIBS])
	fi

	AC_TRY_RUN([
		#include<fftw.h>
		int main()
		{
			fftw_sizeof_fftw_real();
			return 0;
		}
	],[
		AC_MSG_RESULT(yes)
		DEFINE_HAVE_FFTW=HAVE_FFTW
		if test $fftw_local = yes; then
			FFTW_INCLUDES="\$(CLAM_PATH)/../fftw/include"
			FFTW_LIB_PATH="\$(CLAM_PATH)/../fftw/lib"
		fi
	],[
				AC_MSG_ERROR([
The test program did compile, but failed to link. This probably means that
the run-time linker is not able to find libfftw. You might want to set
your LD_LIBRARY_PATH (DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH on Mac OS X) variable, or edit
/etc/ld/ld.conf to point to the right location.]
					)
	],[
		echo $ac_n "cross compiling; assumed OK... $ac_c"
	])

	CXXFLAGS=$OLD_FLAGS
else
	AC_MSG_ERROR([
No fftw headers found!]
	)
fi;

but it seems the compiling like is built by the back end, by this macro:
AC_TRY_LINK and I don't think that macro should be modified (I wouldn't know
where to modify it anyway).
So, does anybody know an idea of how to solve this problem ?
Thank you.
- --
Pupeno: pupeno at pupeno.com
http://www.pupeno.com