[CLAM] SMSTools crash with DRI

martin rumori lists at rumori.de
Tue Aug 3 18:18:52 PDT 2004

hi again,

we (in the ccrma at banff workshop) experienced a problem regarding
running SMSTools an a DRI-enabled system.  after having loaded a file,
"View -> Original Audio" crashes smstools.

on my system (debian), an assertion fail breaks the thing down in the
r200 (ati radeon) dri-library (xfree-4.3.0).

on the ccrma machines (fedora core 1, planetccrma) the thing runs
normally, but when running the debug version in gdb, something similar
happens in i830_dri.so (intel video card), no assertion fail, but a
SIGFPE.

when running X without DRI the graphics look fine and nothing
crashes.  running in gdb just gives the message:
Xlib: extension "XFree86-DRI" missing on display ":0.0".

i tried with both libfltk-1.1.4 and -1.1.5rc2, since i expected
another bug in -1.1.5rc2 first.

is that a known issue, should SMSTools be run without DRI for the
moment?

bests,

martin